Thursday, June 9, 2011

Divinely Creative

God is such a creative Being.

I was in Church one day learning about Jonah and it struck me how creative God is. The symbolism in Jonah's story is rather striking. But what really hit me that day (and obviously continues to hit me) is that God realized Jonah needed to be taught some lessons and in order to accomplish that (and His ultimate design) he essentially thought, “Let’s have Jonah get swallowed by a whale for three days”. Okay. Probably not the first thing that would come to my mind. Or the second. Or even at all. Yet I don't doubt the wisdom in the decision at all.

This idea provides interesting perspective on my own life. While I have yet to be swallowed by a whale, or any animal for that matter, what other Jonah-like stories have I had, if any? What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment